Summer 2022 Newsletter
We hope you have had a good Easter and are enjoying getting back out in the garden.
As you are aware this month’s meeting is going to be our May supper and AGM (postponed from November) so we really hope you can join us to discuss the future of the Society.
There are a few important decisions to make:
- Should membership subscriptions return?
- Should the Society gradually run down the funds in the bank without taking subscriptions?
- Should the Society close and give any monies to local gardening charities? If so which ones?
- How to find a replacement treasurer, as our current treasurer is looking to stand down and unfortunately, without a treasurer the Society will not be able to continue – is this something you might be prepared to take on?
If you would like to discuss anything in this letter with our Chairman Liam Hutchings, please do get in touch [email protected]
25th May 2022 – May Supper & AGM – Your Invitation
- Food and drink: No cost!
- Discussion with members on possible future speakers
- Raffle: Tickets available on the night, raising funds for future speakers and events
Start: 7.30pm to approx. 9.00pm
Venue: Havant Meeting Place at the United Reformed Church, Elm Lane, Havant, PO9 1PP (opposite the Meridian Centre).
No Entrance Fee for May Meeting.
For catering purposes please contact the Members Secretary, Biddy Wylie on (02392) 475226 or Chairman, Liam Hutchings [email protected]
Reminder: to keep up to date, please check out our website at https://www.havanthorticulturalsociety.org.uk where you can access previous talks, newsletters, useful gardening links and future events.